PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT
LIVE WORRY-FREE WITH A TRANE WARRANTY
Trane comfort products are tested to last and backed by one of the strongest warranties in the industry.
Warranty & Product Registration
We've got all of your warranty and registration needs covered. Explore our warranty options, register your product or find out if your system is covered.
What you need to get started.
Trane model numbers and serial numbers are needed to register a new product or look up an existing warranty. Use our guide below to look up your serial or model number or ask your dealer for help.
Serial or model number
We can help you with warranty questions or recommend a local Trane Comfort Specialist™.
Trane Warranty Options
Base Limited Warranty
Included with every Trane residential unit. Covers manufacturer defects from 1-20 years depending on the product.
Registered Limited Warranty
One of the strongest manufacturer’s limited warranties on parts available. FREE when you register your product within 60 days of installation.
Optional Extended Warranty
Purchase additional coverage on parts and labor in 5, 10 or 12 year increments.
Selling our buying a house? You may be able to transfer an existing warranty. Ask your dealer how or get more details here.
More Warranty Details
Schedule Annual Maintenance
Keep your products running smoothly and meet the terms of your warranty by scheduling annual maintenance with a Trane Comfort Specialist™.
Heating & Cooling
2X EACH YEAR
Schedule appointments in the spring and fall
1X EACH YEAR
Schedule an appointment in late winter or early spring, before cooling season
Heating & Cooling
1X EACH YEAR
Schedule an appointment in late summer or early fall, before heating season
IS YOUR HVAC COVERED BY A HOME WARRANTY?
A home warranty policy can provide extra protection for heating and cooling systems and often includes coverage for repair costs. Of course that coverage comes at a cost. Whether your home warranty plan covers your current HVAC system depends on the plan you have. Be sure to research and compare plans carefully. Consider your level of DIY skills and decide if you’d feel better if your HVAC system had additional coverage.
OPTIONAL EXTENDED WARRANTY
- Peace of mind if purchasing an older home with an older system.
- Fixed repair costs per visit.
HVAC HOME WARRANTY CONS
- Dollar limit cap per repair or per year.
- Repair or replace decision not yours to make. If replaced, you may not get to choose the new model.
TRANE SERIAL NUMBERS - WHAT THEY MEAN
In addition to being necessary to register for a Trane warranty, your serial number includes some vital information about your unit - if you can decipher the confusing serial number nomenclature. A Trane serial number includes:
- Manufacturing date (year, month, week, day).
- Manufacturing plant location.
- Sequential number.
TRANE MODEL NUMBER BREAKDOWN
The model number of your new air conditioner or furnace actually tells you a lot about the features of your new system. Here’s what all the numbers and letters of your Trane model number mean:
- Type of hvac unit.
- Refrigerant types.
- Seer rating.
- Heating input.
- Heating stages.
- Furnace configuration.
- Hvac ton.
- Compressor series.
Get the full model number breakdown here.
General Warranty FAQ
- Different products and parts will have different warranty term dates. In addition, the type of warranty you have can affect the length of your warranty. In general, our Base Limited Warranty will cover specified parts from 1-20 years while our Registered Limited Warranty will cover specified parts from 5 years to lifetime.*
- Both our Base Limited Warranty and Registered Limited Warranty cover specific parts of your product that break because of a manufacturer defect, but does not cover the cost of labor. The Optional Extended Warranty covers the cost of both parts and labor. See our Warranty Types and Terms page for complete details.
- Every Trane product that is purchased is automatically covered by our Base Limited Warranty. It covers specific parts of your product that break because of a manufacturer defect, but does not cover the cost of labor.
- Products that are registered within 60 days of purchase qualify for our Registered Limited Warranty. This warranty offers longer terms for specified parts at no cost. It covers specific parts of your product that break because of a manufacturer defect, but does not cover the cost of labor. You can register here.
- You have 90 days after your purchase date to register and qualify for our Registered Limited Warranty. After that, you’re automatically covered by our Base Limited Warranty.
- The Optional Extended Warranty extends your warranty coverage to both parts and labor. This level of protection can be purchased by contacting your Trane Dealer
- Yes. If your product was registered on or after August 1, 2011 it’s possible to transfer your warranty within 90 days of home purchase or sale. You can go to our Warranty Transfer page for full details.